Purpose of establishment
This association is called the “Japanese Business Association of Cambodia” (English name: Japanese Business Association of Cambodia) and operates for the following purposes.
(1) To contribute to society by contributing to the development of commerce, industry and economy in general between Japan and the Kingdom of Cambodia.
At the same time, we will continue to improve the value of the Society by fully considering the significance of the Society’s social existence, being strongly aware of its relationship with the environment, and developing sincere activities.
(2) To promote mutual exchange and friendship among members.
(3) To provide a place for information exchange for members to develop their commercial and industrial activities.
(4) Doing social contribution activities such as donations.
(5) Do all matters related to each of the above items.
(6) The Society is not for profit. In addition, we do not conduct business for the benefit of specific individuals or other groups.
(7) The Society does not engage in any political or religious activities.
Our Chamber of Commerce was established in 1992 and is working to contribute to the development of the commerce and industry of Japanese companies in Cambodia and the economic activities between the two countries.
Cambodia entered a growth period in the 2000s after a reconstruction period after 1993, when a general election was held after the peace process and a constitution was enacted. The main industries are garment, agriculture, tourism and real estate construction, and China is now by far the largest foreign direct investment.
Since 2010, the number of Japanese companies entering the market has increased. The manufacturing industry increased exports and contributed to Cambodia’s economic growth, changing from a low-income country to a low-income country. As the people become more prosperous, the number of members continues to grow as the number of participants in domestic demand such as real estate and consumption / service fields increases.
In line with the growth of such associations, we registered with the Ministry of Commerce as the Commerce and Industry Association in 2011, and from 2012 we have shifted the membership organization to a subcommittee system for each industry. In 2015, we introduced a committee system to deal with individual issues, facilitating and evolving organizational activities.
Currently, we are strengthening public-private partnerships and flexibly responding to changes in the business environment as a “public-private partnership”, building relationships with Cambodian government counterparts, and solving as many issues as possible by collaborating with various stakeholders. We will strive for further development of the Japanese Chamber of Commerce.
Vattanac Capital Lifestyle Cube, Level 6, Suite 0609, No.66 Preah Monivong Blvd, Sangkat Wat Phnom,Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel: +855 (0)23 966 251
Fax: +855 (0)23 866 220