There are several Chambers of Commerce in Cambodia representing four continents, namely North America, Europe, Australasia, and of course Asia. Association of South East Asian Nations ASEAN) countries.
Most major economies are also represented including the United States, the European Union, Australia, the UK, and of course China which has more than one body representing different industries. Size and level of success are hard to measure or gauge, but some are certainly more important and effective than others.
- EuroCham – EuroCham is the largest chamber in terms of membership with 280 members. The British Cambodian Chamber of Commerce (BritCham), the Franco-Cambodian Chamber of Commerce (CCFC), and the German Business Group Cambodia (ADW) were the main driving force in setting up the organization in 2011 to represent the European Union as a whole. They currently represent 22 European EU countries, as well as having members from the UK.
- IBC – International Business Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia established in 1993 initially as “The Corporate Club” and is one of the oldest Business Associations in Cambodia which is not nationally or sectoral based, and includes prominent Cambodian Businesses as well as International Companies. The chamber welcomes business owners from all nationalities and sectors and has over 120 members.
- French Cambodian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIFC) – Works closely with EuroCham, but also independently due to the colonial historical ties between France and Cambodia.
- The Italian Cambodian Business Association (ICBA) launched the “Italy in Cambodia” project in 2021.
- AmCham – The American Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is the chamber of commerce for the United States of America. They were one of the first chambers in the country being formed in 1996 and currently has more than 210 members.
- CanCham – The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is much smaller than the American one, but is tailored for Canadian companies.
- JBAC – (Japanese Business Association of Cambodia) was the first main chamber being established in 1992. They are not to be confused with JETRO, which performs a similar function but is also an arm of the Japanese government.
- AusCham – The Australian Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia (AusCham Cambodia) was established under the moniker of ABAC (The Australian Business Association of Cambodia) in the 90s and is one of the most active chambers in the country with over 100 members and strong connections to the Australian Embassy.
- KoCham Cambodia (Korean Chamber of Commerce Cambodia) – Established in 2007 and not only one of the most important chambers they represent the Republic of Korea (South Korea) rather than the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (North Korea).
- ICC – The Indian Chamber of Commerce was set up as an information center for Indians wishing to do business within Cambodia. One of the smaller chambers.
- ASEAN Chambers of Commerce in Cambodia.
- MBCC – The Malaysian Business Chamber of Cambodia is one of the oldest chambers having been operating since 1993. It changed its name from the Malaysian Business Chambers of Cambodia to the MBCC in 2019.
- TBCC – The Thai Business Council in Cambodia is made up of Thais who reside in Cambodia, or who have done business here for a long time to help guide businesses or investors wishing to trade in the Kingdom.
- PhilCham – The Philippine Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia was set up in January 2021 and is one of the newest chambers within the Kingdom.
- IndoCham – The Indonesian Chamber of Commerce was also inaugurated in 2021, but has since become one of the most active chambers. They have almost 50 members and recently hosted a collaboration of chambers golf tournament.
Source: Cambodia Investment Review
To read the article more, please click the link below: